Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Take on the Waldorf-Astoria Red Velvet Cake


 Last night, I was bored to death because I didn't have any homework to keep me busy and I had just finished my application to Berkeley. I had planned on making the famous Red Velvet cake for so long now but, I have been holding off because I felt that I needed more time and experience and resources.

This was because I didn't have a mixer or a big enough oven (my oven is a Black and Decker hand-me-down that is over a decade old that's 5"x7"). But, it's not like I have anything better to do. So, I took my chances and just made it with whatever materials I had.

I must say, the cocoa makes the batter so fragrant that my whole  house smelled like Willy Wonka's factory. Plus, it is bright red, unlike those brownish-red you usually see in grocery stores.

Go here to see the whole process! 


No comments:

Post a Comment