Sunday, June 12, 2011

Homesick

You know that feeling
when you recognize something.
A smell, a song, a picture, 
a voice, anything.
You remember a past-time memory.
It's happened to me lots of times.
I would smell something 
like sandalwood and
suddenly, I'm back to that time when
my grandmother would
bathe me in a pool of sandalwood soap.
Or maybe I would recognize
a certain song and
the lyrics would take me to 
that long ago time.
Entranced, I would dream a dream that's
already dreamed of.
Sitting in the park, I see a bunch of people
socializing, talking, having fun.
Here, I'm thinking about my distant
relatives and how much I miss them.
I would like to return to that place
I call my home. 
That is where I belong.
But, I know that I must face reality.
So, here I am, dreaming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment