Monday, October 17, 2011

Fact: I wish I was a trained pianist

It's true. Ever since I caught my eye on my cousin's shiny, maple-colored Baldwin piano when I visited her in '97(I was three years old), I longed to have lessons. And to this day, I still do. During my freshman year of high school, I taught myself to play but, because of my minimal access to the piano(I had none) I practiced infrequently. On top of that, I never had the proper training. Therefore, I am just an inaccurate amateur pianist(I don't even deserve to be called that).
Each year, I try my hardest to suppress my desire to play but whenever I watch an underclassmen play so beautifully and skillfully, I was a little jealous and I wanted to play even more.
But what can I do without resources, right? Nothing, really.







So, here it is. Every time I watch a friend of mine play(or even those talented YouTube stars), I get a little sad because there is no hope for me. There is not a chance in the world that I would ever be a piano prodigy.

No comments:

Post a Comment